Sunday, October 10, 2010

Queen Jillian


So unfortunately, I did not save the fish picture. Here's a new one though, that's not quite as cool-looking but took a lot more time. I figure this is the American equivalent of looking at the king and sitting on his throne. Which Jilly would so do.

Friday I went ahead & used the store credit & personal shopping day on top of my employee discount... which worked exactly as I am sure was intended; that is, it tempted me into buying stuff I didn't need, but made me very happy. Then I met a friend at the library, for a homework party - but we were distracted by the books I had just bought, and then by the food in the cafe, and then by the library closing. So we had our homework party at the graduate student lounge (and were proud of ourselves for finding it). I got a lot done, and it was fun too :-)

Reading: I haven't read any bestsellers recently, because I've been distracted by shiny things. Specifically, an anthology of dragon stories which included one by Tamora Pierce, the newest Castle book, and a new Valdemar novel from Mercedes Lackey... book reviews will resume in a bit.

3 comments:

  1. AHHH I LOVE THIS PICTURE.
    Also: "I haven't read any bestsellers recently, because I've been distracted by shiny things..." lolol <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where else would Queen Jilly sit?? And - I always used to think Mr. Lincoln looked more welcoming; now he just looks affronted. Another standard Jilly occurrence.

    ReplyDelete