Friday, October 15, 2010

I still prefer wine

As I write this my laundry hangs next to me drying so slowly that I hope it finishes before I run out of things to wear. It's going to be a close one. Luckily I got a box of sweaters in the mail today, so at least I don't have to worry about running out of shirts (Thanks Mom!).

Wednesday's class was good - we watched Helvetica and talked about the designers we'd researched. We finished early, too, because the professor was sick & wanted to go home to bed. I'm glad I got a chance to talk to him before class - he was more awake then. I think I understand better now what I'm supposed to be concentrating on for the final project. Our next bit of homework is idea sketches for the postcard & poster we'll make - should be fun.

Today's class was cool too. Our professor brought a guest lecturer - the associate manager of domestic rights for the publisher she works at. Our topic for today was, needless to say, domestic rights. Cool, right? And the two of them told us they're looking for interns, and will be represented at next week's internship fair. After class, I asked for advice on how to juggle work & an internship, and she seemed impressed I was thinking that far ahead - she said they'd had interns quit after a couple weeks because they were broke (and that those interns could expect to never get a job there again). I am so going to the internship fair, with updated resume, and looking for a summer internship. She said I should start now if I want to get an edge.

At the Tam afterward, I had my first full beer. I've discovered that the carbonation doesn't bother me as much in dark beers, so that's what I had, and I was able to finish it. And, even better, I was able to enjoy it. I also discovered that a friend and I read a lot of the same stuff online. He gave me a hug for recognizing the name of a fanfic writer and being able to name what she wrote. We also started quoting webcomics. Moral of the story? Even the world wide web is a small, small world.

Tomorrow's a reading at the Brookline Booksmith, which I may or may not go to. The timing's not the best, and I don't know what the reading's about, but I have been wanting to find the Booksmith for a while now. It's one of Boston's bigger independent bookstores.

Saturday's the bookfest. I can't wait! It's practically across the street from Borders, which means I can go on my lunch break. One of my friends is working at it, the rest will probably be there, and directly after work at one of the tables I have my interview for fiction reader for the Redivider! They didn't forget me!
Plus, apparently there's an old costume sale Saturday, which some of us might be going to, and... Obama will be in town? However, if we can make it back home through the presidential security, we might have some friends over for a literary party!

Fwoosh

No comments:

Post a Comment