Monday, August 8, 2011

What a Difference a Month Makes

I've been back in Rochester for the last month - so my apologies to any readers who aren't family, if they exist. I figured there was no point in updating when most of my audience was right there next to me. Or in China, with poor access to Google.

Anyway, now that I'm back in Boston, it's time to inventory the changes:
1. Super-annoyingly-rowdy sports bar across the street... is gone. Wow. It's so much quieter around here now.
2. Two other stores I regularly passed but never entered have closed.
3. The band next door (have I really not mentioned them before? They only knew 2 songs, and practiced all the time. Although to give credit where credit's due, their drummer knew more songs, so his solo practices were great.) has not been heard from in a while. They may have moved out.
4. There are a lot of loud parties next door. They may have moved in.
5. The cheap Chinese place right next to Emerson wasn't open when I went. PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T PERMANENT.
6. Kelly's doesn't sell smoothies anymore. I plan on pouting about this for quite a while, as they were really good and my main reason for eating there.
7. The B line's trains have been shortened again. If someone could please explain the logic of adding cars to the college line in the spring, and then taking them away again once the college students start to return, I will be most impressed.

Also, I'd just like to comment that it rained so hard, it didn't just turn the streets into rivers, it turned them into rivers with rapids.

Also, this.

No comments:

Post a Comment