Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene

We survived the storm. Actually, it had pretty much fizzled out by the time it hit Boston - I think they were still calling it a tropical storm, but basically it rained. And there were occasional gusts of wind. Yes, there were a lot of twigs and leaves on the ground, as well as the occasional bigger branch (and, a block away, a pair of young trees) but no more damage than winter storms cause - and quite possibly less.

It was fun hopscotching my way to church though. And where the trees had split, a man was delivering one of them to his girlfriend as "a flower to show how much he loved her." She, of course, was sitting on the step telling him not to drop it on those of us walking by. It was cute.

I'll post a few pictures tomorrow, but right now I don't have the time to get them off my phone.

NYC faired worse

No comments:

Post a Comment