Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thunderstorm

It was really hot again today - at least at first. I went back to Border's to get a signed book for Steph, and while I was there one of the employees came over to tell everyone that there was a huge storm and many places were flooding.

He wasn't kidding - when I went back downstairs they were directing people to the other side of the store as they tried to mop up all the water covering the floor between the door and the escalators. I hung out for a while - after all, being stuck in a bookstore of all places is hardly a problem - and found a new Andrew Clements book: Lost and Found. It was pretty good.

When the rain slowed down, I headed home. It was so much cooler! I actually had the energy & the desire to do something besides sleep, so I made a casserole for my next couple dinners and put a couple more hours into cleaning the windows.

I hope it stays this cool. I might actually get a lot done this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. A flood in a bookstore? Were the books okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, luckily. The water was not quite an inch deep, so the books were all safely above it.

    ReplyDelete