Monday, July 26, 2010

Sweet

Guess what? Today, I got paid for sleeping on books. The only way it would have been better was if they paid me to read them.

I worked until a little after 8:00 last night and was back at 6:30 this morning. I worked on shelving and unshelving, took a break to sleep on books, then, for a change, did some REshelving.

Perhaps I should explain.

We got a delivery today, and once the truck unloads, someone has to stay with the boxes to make sure they're not stolen before they all get moved into the store room. I was lucky enough to get guard duty - and then the manager who was moving them (because no one else was available) got sidetracked onto managerly things. So I relaxed on the boxes and waited, and the 11:00 call went something like this:
"It's 11:00 and Michelle is now on this, Ash you're on this, Nick's still there, Bibi's starting there, so-and-so finish that, etc... oh, and Michele's in the basement, I have to go get her."
"The basement?"
"With a shipment."
"Oh, I thought that's where we kept people who didn't sign up enough Borders Rewards or something."

I ended the day by making a good start on a project Kelly had: the graphic novels are currently in order by sub-category, then alphabetically by author, but need to be rearranged to alphabetically by title, with no sub-categories. All 6 bays of them. It was actually kind of fun... yeah, I know: I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment