Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mmm Carrot Cake for Dinner

Yesterday afternoon I applied to Commonwealth Wine & Spirits, which is opening a store next to Kelly's. The interview was rather simplistic: What's your name? How long can you work? What kind of alcohol do you like? Next!

Oh well. The cool thing was that the quick interview allowed me to be home early enough that I actually had a long, friendly conversation with my roommate when she got back from work, before she locked herself in her room again to study.

The museum had a free showing of Dirt (with refreshments!), so I attempted the bus system to get there & back, based on the info I was mailed. It worked... but I still much prefer the subway. Because the subway actually announces stops before it's passed them. Remarkable concept, no?

Dirt was good, though it made me a bit homesick, so I'm glad I'm headed to the farm this weekend. The lack of open nature is going to be my biggest challenge living in a city, no matter how friendly the birds are.

Of course, that brings me to this morning and challenge 2: I was woken by a jackhammer rather too early, and that jackhammer continued running for hours. Talk about starting the day with a headache! Perhaps I should seriously consider earplugs...

Anyway, today is going to be dedicated to getting ready for the farm! Cherries, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment