Thursday, June 3, 2010

Starting Out

"What does 'toil and snares' mean?"
"Okay, picture this: Book report. Mrs. Kelly. Due tomorrow. Haven't even read The Book."

Now picture this:
Moving. To Boston. In two weeks. Haven't even unpacked from college...

I'm still not truly believing I'm in Emerson's publishing program, and I probably won't believe it until I'm actually in class. I can't wait. This is it - this is as far as my planning ever went, but it's taking me somewhere, and I can't wait to find out where!

You might wonder why I'm attempting blogging, since up until now I've insisted I only do fiction. Call it sibling rivalry :-)

I'm taking my title from Tolkien:

The road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
And wither then? I cannot say.

So this will be my record of Boston - and maybe further.

But first, I need to make breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment