Saturday, June 26, 2010

Learning the Neighborhood

So yesterday afternoon was one can't-get-there-from-here after another. The end result, however, is that I now know how and where I can buy T passes and groceries. Even if the subway did make me wait in the hot sun with my milk... trust that to be the longest wait yet for a train to come.

Today, I went to the museum. It was a bit of a walk, but not nearly as bad as it could have been because I took the T two stops down (saving myself a few blocks) on the way there, and was offered a ride back by one of the women giving the tour. The whole thing was a lot of fun, and I now know a lot more about Brighton's history. I also saw a couple pictures of Commonwealth - at least one of which was taken right about where my apartment is now - from a long time ago. In the first picture, it's just a dirt road! But it's in the process of being expanded... and presumably paved.

Another woman who volunteers there works for the T, and she's going to send me bus maps & schedules. I need all the help I can get with those - the subway's so much easier to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment