Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This haircut comes with coffee!

After my siesta yesterday, I went back out in search of an Apple store and an AT&T. Emerson's off-campus student services sent me to the Hynes Convention Center stop. I was a little lost when I got there, but that's okay - starting off in the wrong direction took me past Allison, who stopped me to ask if I'd be willing to get my hair cut by her as part of her apprenticeship at Sassoon's. We scheduled it for this morning (it looks really cool, by the way), then I continued on.

I found the apple store first, and it was impressive! Three floors, with a clear glass spiral staircase going up the center... the genius bar was on top, and I was offered the elevator, but that wouldn't have been any fun. I went straight up.

There, I was introduced to Michael, who listened to the history of my quirky computer with a puzzled expression before attempting to fix its latest little hiccup, that of not being able to run time machine and the internet at the same time.

This is not supposed to happen. They are not supposed to be connected. He was especially puzzled by the fact that something that was supposed to be a hardware issue was acting like a software issue... or was it the other way around? Anyway, Michele's technologically challenging luck strikes again. While he was working on that, I continued down the street to AT&T and had my voicemail fixed. Then I went back to the Apple store and played with all their fun toys, waiting to be called back to the genius bar.

He fixed it by giving me Snow Leopard. Cool, right?

To celebrate, I went to a free wine tasting. Then I got back on the T, and got grinned at by a baby. Finally, I grinned back, which made her giggle and drop her pacifier. After that, she watched me suspiciously all the way home. Never trust a pacifier thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment