Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Job Hunt part 2

Brookline Liquor (across the street) smells wonderfully like a winery and has excellent air conditioning... but is on a hiring freeze for the summer. Payless seems to be closed. The pet store is not hiring. Although Sammy is a very friendly dog.

This afternoon I need to ask at Staples if I should apply for other jobs, call CVS (or maybe wait until tomorrow on that one; now that I think about it they may have said Wednesday...), check Symposium Books and the Emerson Barnes & Noble, and somewhere in all that buy bread, because I'm out. I'd really like to get more since it's still too hot for much besides sandwiches, even though the air is finally thin enough to breathe again.

Also on the subject of jobs, I got my notice of termination from the census, along with the paperwork for applying for unemployment, though I don't know if I'm actually eligible. And I called the jurors' office, and apparently they don't care if I just hold on to the paperwork and wait until September to send proof of residence. So... cool... I guess.

If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. ~ igoogle's Einstein quote of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment