Wednesday, August 4, 2010

No idea which meal I'm eating

Mary called me yesterday afternoon to ask me to come in early - 6pm - if I could, because someone was out sick. So, I did. I stopped at the farmers' market along the way and bought myself a nectarine, which I promptly ate. It was really good. Then I started work - I was on cash registers until closing, though it was more interesting than normal as several people actually came up to the register for help finding a book. At one point we had the whole store looking for The Color of Water for a customer, but had to give up. As luck would have it, I found it during clean-up after closing - it was on the magazine rack.

I now know where the media closet is, and how to refill the drinks. I spent most of the night unpacking and shelving magazines. It was just Meredith and I after midnight, waiting for the workmen to finish polishing the door handles. Her boyfriend picked her up and agreed to drive me home too - when his battery promptly died. So we had to flag someone down to help, but probably 90% of the traffic at 4:30 in the morning is taxis, and they won't stop for you unless you're looking for a ride. So it was a bit of an adventure.

Anyway, I didn't get to sleep until around 6, and the only reason I got up before 5pm (barely) was because I know I need to be at work at 9 tomorrow morning. Being nocturnal's easy, but constantly shifting my sleep schedule around like this? A bit more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment