Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Good Day Off

I slept in today and loved it. The weather was wonderful - mid 70s all day - so I wasn't woken by the heat. I did laundry, went to church, tried the Emerson B&N but it was closed, called Uncle Dave about his visit, went grocery shopping, bought milk, changed the sheets, made a good start on The Girl Who Played with Fire, and plan on doing a little cleaning before bed.

When I put that all in one sentence, I feel like I have had a productive day. I even made rice.


Some random thoughts:

There's a major bus stop I pass on the way to church, that's occasionally graffitied. Today, in huge, bright lettering covering most of the cement wall at the back of the shelter, it said: WE DON'T NEED This left me wondering. We don't need what? Were they interrupted? Or was that all they meant? It seemed very defiant, but also...painful.

It seems to be Boston's law of public transit that whichever direction you plan on going, the train going the opposite direction will invariably show up first. I amused myself for quite a while imaging just how Terry Pratchett would explain this.

I bought spices when I was at the grocery store and plan on buying onions/corn/fruit the next time I'm at the farmers' market. I'm tired of canned stuff.

I still want to get to the aquarium sometime. And the beach. And buy that wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment