Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Continuing Adventures of Trixie

So, a lot has happened since my last post, but I never seem to get around to posting any of the bits and pieces of blogs I compose in my head during the day... which means by now, you just get a summary.

I worked Sunday, and kept forgetting what day it was because having Saturday off and going to church always makes Saturday feel like Sunday and Sunday like Monday... though I usually have it straightened out again by the real Monday. As of this week, Tuesday's the only early day at Borders, so even though I was opening shift Monday, I started at 8. It was nice not getting up so early, though it felt weird to have so many people out and about. I finally got to work a Tuesday opening shift - and it was so cool! Tuesday's laydown day. New books come out, the bestseller shelf's updated, displays are rearranged... And now it's Wednesday, and I have the day off.

On Sunday, Uncle Dave and Paula met me after work. I was excited all day waiting (which kept me awake, even behind the register) and asked to be able to leave as soon as the clock said 8 instead of waiting until the hour was called (it's often called 5 to 20 minutes late). We went to Kelly's, and then I showed them the apartment. It was nice to be able to just hang out and talk.

On Monday, I met the cutest little puppy on the way to work. It made my day.

On Tuesday, I recognized a woman from Sassoon's when I was at the register. She has a very distinctive haircut. I remember when I got my haircut, she was telling the woman whose hair she was cutting all about her new puppy, Trixie. At Borders, she was difficult to ring up because I couldn't get a word in edgewise; she was too busy telling her friend all about how difficult Trixie was and how she blamed the breeder.
I stopped at the farmer's market on the way home and got scallions, corn, and peaches.

Today, I ran a few errands, cleaned a little, and bought myself that eggplant pasta meal I've been eyeing at the little Italian place I pass going to & from church. It was really good, and now I have leftovers to take to work for lunch. I meant to do more cleaning, or go out to the beach, or the library, or the museum, but the heat got the best of me. I lay down to rest for an hour and didn't wake up until 5 or 6 hours later. Trust my day off to be the hottest of the week... Oh well. Perhaps Saturday will be better, since I have TWO days off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment