Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This is my Church...

I went to a pretty cool talk after mass this past Sunday- the topic was "How does one reconcile disagreement with the institution and remain Catholic?" The speaker was Bishop Geoffrey Robinson (who wrote Confronting Power and Sex in the Catholic Church: Reclaiming the Spirit of Jesus), and it was organized by Voice of the Faithful and hosted by the Paulist Center Boston. It's nice to finally find an active Catholic community where I don't have to feel uncomfortable at every other phrase spouted out of someone's mouth. This is the Church as it should be, a future for the Church that is not based on the increasingly law-obsessed newer priests coming out of the seminaries.

"For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings."
- Hosea 6:6

"There is nothing on this earth so ugly as the Catholic Church, and nothing so beautiful."
-John Henry Newman

podcasts

I just have to say this again... yes! Finally, people who will listen to me. And who I may listen to and learn from.

1 comment: