Thursday, June 23, 2011

Night Life

Living nocturnally is actually quite fun. I get up, I run errands - and I often see the sunset while out and about. The best views I've had of sunsets here in Boston were all, believe it or not, from the T.

Then the world calms down, leaving room for me in it. Plus it's a lot cooler out. I can read, work on puzzles, clean, cook... even do some basic grocery shopping, although the meat section closes around 7 or 8 and CVS closes at midnight. I may eventually do some writing, although I don't feel I have a story to tell at the moment. I guess it's not that I'm not writing (I have this blog, and a notebook I've decided to call a kaleidoscope journal, for lack of a better description), I'm just not currently writing fiction.

Meanwhile, I'm also reading a lot. I've really started to enjoy certain reviewers of books/movies/tv shows, and I've also got an ever-changing stack of books (again, mainly nonfiction - who am I and what have I done with Michele?) from the library.

I've also been playing around with photoshop, which is actually a lot of fun, and (on a less artistic note) I'm working my way through the Lego Harry Potter game on my ipod. Which is actually more fun than I expected.

I can go for a walk and see the stars and/or the sunrise. And instead of drunks swearing, I can listen to birds singing.

I've got a ticket to Serenity for midnight Saturday night, and I lector Sunday evening. Then it will be time to start planning/packing for the trip to Rochester!



As a Boston resident, an obligatory side note:

Yeah. Take that... (who were we playing again?) !

No comments:

Post a Comment