Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My stomach loves Chinatown; my purse doesn't

Long day... but so much fun!

It's a Tuesday - so that meant laydowns & display changes at Borders.  I worked 8-5, which means I got to put a lot more time into ipt than I usually do.  And my boss was telling her boss about how good all her employees are, and she says he put my name in his blackberry!

...So does this mean I can demand a Christmas break now?

Then I got dinner in Chinatown, and went to class (Thursday's class was today, since we obviously didn't want to hold it on Thanksgiving).  Today's topic was contracts, and we had another guest speaker - it was really interesting!  But then again, I'm starting to suspect I'd find almost any aspect of publishing interesting... which means I'm in the right place, I suppose.  We also talked a bit about our final projects - more on that later - and our resumes.  We'll be going over resumes next class.

Afterwards, I went back to Chinatown with a friend and had bubble tea & sesame eggrolls (they were like cookies...yum).  I also bought dumplings for lunch/dinner tomorrow.  We wandered around for a bit & talked about Thanksgiving.  I can't wait for tomorrow!  And the next day!

...and the next, for that matter.  My plans for Black Friday:
1. Eat leftovers
2. Put up Christmas tree
3. Work closing shift at Borders.  I'm a brave, brave woman. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment