Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here.

So, it's a new week - that means a new collection of cds to play!  We have 3 this time!  So we put them on shuffle...

We have:
1. Neil Diamond covering his favorite rock songs (?)
2. some sort of accidentally-opera Christmas cd (on consideration, Susie Snowflake is an excellent Christmas song)
and
3. a country cd we already listened to for weeks this summer (It's baaack)


Neal Diamond's never going to win any speed-singing contests.


ND: Then.... I saw....

(me: Are you a Borders member?  Would you like to be?  Are you Santa?)

ND: her face....
...

(me: Next!  Are you a Borders member?  Can I look it up? Can you spell that for me again?)

ND: Now... I'mmm....
...
...

(me:  You want to upgrade?  Great!  Fill this out... and let me tell you about this... and this... here, let me explain the receipt....)

ND: ...a beeee.....

(me: Next!  Are you a member?  Santa?  Have a good day!  Next! Are you a member? Santa? Have a good day! Next!)

ND: ...lieeeever...

(me: *takes lunch break*)

ND: Not... a trace....

And don't get me started on what his "Ain't No Sunshine" sounds like :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love it! But then you can talk fairly fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I like Neal Diamond . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Neal Diamond's great for some songs... it's just that he's picked the wrong ones for his style on this cd. He's all slow and melodramatic, singing songs that are supposed to be bouncy. I swear his "I'm a believer" sounds like he's in mourning. It's WEIRD.

    And I'm asking if they're Santa because we're asking for donations of books/toys to the United Way.

    ReplyDelete