Sunday, November 7, 2010

Christmas Already?

I've been putting weird hours in at work, because we're trying to get everything rearranged and ready for:
1.The newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid release
2. The Deathly Hollows premiere
3. Christmas

...and at the same time, dealing with one of the biggest shipments ever.  I'm telling you, there's no room to move in the back room.

Meanwhile, I've been having plenty of fun elsewhere.
Two of my friends read at the last GRS, and we went to the Sweetwater afterwards.  I love the atmosphere there.
I went ahead and read How to Wash a Cat, the mystery novel I bought a while ago.  I'm still a bit disappointed, but it was fun.
Apparently Mercedes Lackey's major books are available at the BPL in-library only, and have to be requested a half-hour in advance at the desk.  I find this very, very strange, but as I had some time to kill, I requested one just to see what would happen.  The librarian was just as confused as I was, but she hunted it down and gave it to me.  I hung out in the window seat by the desk to read it, and got yelled at by a guard for not sitting up.  Go figure.
Two of my roommates had friends over to visit, which turned evenings into almost-parties.  Conversation topics ranged from Norse mythology to pop singers to serial killers.
Oh, and I don't think I'll ever manage an entire cannoli from Mike's again... but it was worth it...


Also: Check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment