Friday, January 14, 2011

Hunger Games

So it's been a while now since I read the book, but I never got around to reviewing it before.

I think The Hunger Games was a pretty good book, and I'd like to read more.  I think it was good as a whole, and also that there is plenty of depth to the construction of the world and characters to pay off in the following books.

There were occasions when I felt the plot avoided difficulties in slightly cop-out ways, but perhaps that is necessary for it to get where it's going and yet still be acceptable as targeted at teens.  I wish I could get more specific, but doing so would involve major spoilers and I did enjoy this book enough not to want to spoil it for anyone.

So, final summary:  it's good, I want to read the others, and I would recommend it, but I'm not in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment